Our drivers are trained to drive safely and they rank among the best-trained commercial vehicle drivers on the road internationally.
- Initial pre-service comprehensive training program
- At least 80 hours of training in technical skills, bus environment management, student discipline and customer service during the first year of employment
- They participate in classroom, practical and homework sessions. Trainer evaluation and a final road and written test determine a driver’s qualification.
Training in an internationally renowned Training company, organised by the RTA , medical test/ drug and alcohol test and a background check before obtaining their School Bus driving license.
All STS drivers participate in Continuous Professional Development programs which include:
- Defensive Driving Refresher Course
- School Bus Driver Improvement Course
- Student Behaviour Management
- Emergency Evacuation
- Pre-Trip and Pre-Trip Inspections
‘For comments, please call 800-STSS’ is proudly displayed on all STS buses to get the feedback from the public.