It’s important that guardians play an active role in ensuring the safety of the children in their care. Their responsibilities are to:
- Assist in training and educating their children on the importance of safety and how to wait for the school bus and board it
- Report to the Management of the school or transport company regarding any offence or failure on the part of the driver
- Drop their children to the school bus or assembly point on time. In the event of any delay from their part, they bear the responsibility of dropping their children to the school without any responsibility on the part of the driver.
The driver is responsible to return the student to the school if there is no person to collect him or her at the time of returning home and guardians are responsible for any associated outcome.
The student must maintain cleanliness of the bus and advise the school management or his / her guardian in case the driver or any other student breaches the rules in transit.
The Transport Company or School is solely entitled to deny any student from transport service in case any of the following condition apply:
- If the student is to blame for delaying the trip more than three times in a single academic year
- If the student breaches any safety rule and makes others liable to danger during the trip
- If the student alights from the bus before arriving to the specified drop-off point, without a prior consent
- If the student, against whom more than three written complaints were made during a single academic year, continues to cause troubles